F&M Bank & Trust School Banks program is the most successful youth financial literacy program in Iowa. We are pleased to be able to offer such an outstanding program to our area youth.
The F&M Kids Bank program, teaches kids to start saving money at any age. Teaching kids to save is about building character, learning responsibility, developing skills and practicing discipline that can be applied to real life situations.
As our School Banks program has thrived and grown one thing has remained the same...F&M Kids Bank is a bank for kids, run by kids. Every year 4th and 5th graders are given the opportunity to apply and work at F&M Kids Bank. They are interviewed at the beginning of the school year, hired, trained and given a work schedule.
Kids can sign up for a F&M Kids Bank account anytime. Applications do need to be filled out by legal guardian and can be turned in on F&M Kids Bank day at your school, mailed or dropped off at any of our bank locations.
- Opening deposit is $1.00
- Student must be present for all deposits
- Deposits can be a minimum of $0.01 to $25.00
- Withdrawals over $5.00 must be accompanied by a note from legal guardian
- Quarterly statements are sent home
Participating Area Schools and Schedules:
- Aldo Leopold Intermediate School
- Meets every Tuesday in the Library from 7:45 – 8:10 AM
- Black Hawk Elementary
- Meets every Friday in the Library from 8:15 – 8:45 AM
- Great River Christian School
- Meets every Thursday in the Library from 7:50 – 8:20 AM
- Grimes Elementary
- Meets every Wednesday in the 21st Century Room from 8:00 – 8:20 AM
- Notre Dame Catholic Elementary
- Meets every Thursday in the Computer Room from 8:15 – 8:45 AM
- North Hill Elementary School
- Meets every Tuesday in the Library from 8:00 – 8:25 AM
- Sunnyside Elementary
- Meets every Thursday in the Library from 8:15 – 8:45 AM
- West Burlington Elementary
- Meets every Friday in TBA from 7:50 – 8:15 AM